Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I have lost my touch.


Once upon a time I used to cook meals for a family of 6, I baked, pies, cookies, cakes all the fattening stuff, I made my children's clothes, my own and sewed for other people..wedding parties even!

I have lost my touch. I struggle to think of something to cook for two that is half ways interesting, I have two buttons dangling precariously from my spring cape ( since last spring..geeze). I made hot cross buns on the weekend that should be given to the fishermen in Port Stanley for sinkers!

~omg~

What if I loose the knitting portion of my brain... ? It doesn't bear thinking.

For years my theory has been that the human brain..at least mine...is formatted for only SO much information. In order to download more information something has to be deleted. I highlighted "failures" & "disappointments" to be sent to the brains recycling. But no, I lost "meal ideas", "baking" and "mending skills." A trifecta!

~crap~

Ticks me off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now Susan, I am sure there is nothing wrong with your brain. We all have off days and on another day your buns would have been delicious.
I think with age we prioritise more easily and also come to realise that what the hell does it matter if we didn';t hoover today?

Susan said...

Oh Colin, thank you for that. I am opting for creativity instead of domesticity...;0)