Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday afternoon

I am sitting here waiting for my children and grandchildren to arrive. This has been an upsetting morning. I received news that my children's Aunt Sandy, my sister in law for over 20 years passed away last night. She was about 18 mo old when I first met her. I watched her grow up an although we had a sometimes tempestuous relationship, I still grieve for her. She adored her older brother and was jealous of me and I was jealous of her. How sad that it takes the years to be able to gain perspective on a situation. The truth is we should not out live our children. My heart aches for her mother and father and the rest of her family. She was only forty one and the mother of a little boy 4 years old. My family have just arrived I will finish this later.
Later........
Today was a birthday party for my granddaughter Meaghan. My children had decided to go ahead and have the party today and not say anything to the younger children, time enough for that tomorrow. Everyone has gone home now and I am just sitting here having a peppermint tea. I must be getting old. I am worn out with all the company. We had a wonderful time all things considered. I wish my youngest could have been here. I will see all my children again this week at the funeral. Right now I am going to bed.

No comments: