Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another work day!



As predicted, the store has been busy. I am working today which is the last day of the sale. I am at the demo table so I can't really complain. I get to work on projects all day and talk to customers. It is still exhausting being charming all day..lolol..and answering the same questions over and over. The owner is taking Iris, Richard and me out to dinner after work. It is so nice having Richard back to work for 2 days. We are missing him but I am happy for him that his new job is exactly what he wants. I wouldn't know about Athabasca University if it wasn't for Richard telling me. Here is a picture of the front of my spirit doll. I am working on the back. Then they have to be sewn together and stuffed and then I will hang it. I will keep you posted on her progress. The carved bone face hasn't photographed well. I am looking forward to Tuesday, my day off, as this has been a crazy week. I am getting too old to work 6 days out of 7. Yikes, I just sounded like my mother!
Sandy e mailed me the pattern for the white sweater. I can start that as soon as I finish the silk poncho. Three more pattern repeats on that. Maybe more if the yarn holds out. I am looking forward to going to the Creative Sewing Festival this year with Corinne. Just like old times. No shopping until I get the white sweater knit up.....or at least almost finished
Carl and I are going to the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival this year with Dot and Gord.This should be a fun weekend. We always have a good time together. I must remember to take Gord a bottle of my homemade chili sauce. All my grandchildren will be here on Saturday for Meg's birthday. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds up and we can BBQ. I had better go and get ready for work...groan
ttyl

No comments: