Tuesday, September 25, 2007

O.K. that was a total cock up!

Lovely expression that one... cock up ... something like ... foobar... anyway...I went back to the store and they don't have "Park Avenue" and as they don't do refunds I was forced (snort) to exchange it for other yarn. The stash has been extreemly low since I got rid of everything so I felt the need to replenish. I ended up getting 10 balls of Socka colour 1050 for a nice fine 4ply weight jumper. A good mindless project to have on the needles when I watch TV.
By the way the Silky Wool man's cardi, in denim blue #32 is progressing nicely, thank you. I have passed the pocket opening on the last front. Looks like I won't have it finished for his birthday after all. Nuts. It's all my fault I added a complicated cable pattern up the front on both sides which slowed me down.
Back to the lace dress....
Sigh, now I am back to square one. I am going to have to go and see Ellen at Needles and Pins and see what she has in that weight of yarn. Between Rowan and Debbie Bliss I know there will be something. The question is, how much am I going to be forced to spend this time?...

*howling with laughter!

No comments: