Monday, September 24, 2007

Lily Chin's Lace Dress

How is this for inspiration? Wipe the drool off my mouth. I want this dress for Christmas! Bless Lily she has the best of intentions but writing this pattern to fit, and I quote, an X Large and an XX Large I am not sure how flattering that would be. But hey if you can carry it off why not.
I couldn't not unless I loose some more weight. I refuse to knit this any larger than a medium.
So I went yarn shopping yesterday with this dress in mind. Ya Ya I know broke my rule again....sheesh I found the yarn the pattern called for ( Vogues 25th Anniversary Issue) but I thought it didn't look at all like the picture but decided to reserve judgment until I got it on the needles. The more I looked at the picture (page 156) and then looked at the instructions on page 215. I thought this is not right! Sure enough. Page 156 says it is knit in "Park Avenue" but the instructions say "Greenwich Village" OMG what a booboo. So after work I am taking the yarn I bought back to the store where I bought it and I will exchange it for the correct yarn. I am going to have to guess at quantities due to the screw up. I emailed Lily Chin's Yarn website to ask for help. Now I don't know what colour to get. I really don't want another red project. I am thinking black with a silver satin slip underneath. or beige with a chocolate brown satin underslip..or..or
Nuts, I can't make up my mind.

No comments: