Friday, January 05, 2007

No one is indispensable.


My present employer couldn't wait to tell me that my job has been filled. She has hired a replacement. Well good for her. No one is indispensable. Here's hoping the first and only person she interviewed is as good as she thinks. My co worker has misgivings. She feels the rush to hire someone this week is to prove to me that I am not important. Whatever. Only time will tell. I am just anxious now to make the change and get it over with. One more week of limbo. Next week is going to feel very long. I will be working for my new job on my day off. I have one more project to finish up and then just tidy up. I am not going to leave anything undone for her to complain about. I get an inspirational e mail every morning. This morning it was about confidence. "Fake it till you make it." That reminded me of my late Uncle Harry, he used to say, "You can bluff your way through anything." Words of wisdom as I start a new job.

No comments: