Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another dull winter day.....

Today I bring you the art of Diego Rivera, in honour of my oh so brief trip to Mexico. In this never ending Canadian winter I thought it would be nice to see some colour, feel the warmth of the sun and the aroma of the lily.
I would love this art on my office wall. It would certainly brighten the place up. As you may have noticed. I always add a picture or two or three to my posts. I am sorry people but I like visuals. And yes I am a voracious reader and there are no pictures in the books I read but none the less when I blog I like to stimulate all the visual areas of the brain.
Can you see the man behind the basket of callas? He is about to load this bouquet on her back. I love this picture. It says so much. When you think you are "tied" to your job and "burdened" down with responsibilities think of this painting. I wonder if she had the time to smell the flowers?
...and the snow continues to fall.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice pictures - sure to brighten your day.
We had some light snow this morning.