Thursday, January 17, 2008

Clever Sparrows

I am sitting at my desk at work and I can hear sparrows chirping. It is early and there is no sun out just another dreary morning. Except for this happy sound. Then I am aware there is a regular chorus going on. I went out into the showroom and I can still hear them. I look out the windows and not a birdie in sight.
So there I am wandering around the show room and listening. Directly above my head is the cold air return for the furnace. Now we all know hot air rises so the air coming out of that vent to the furnace on the roof is going to be warm. The sound is coming from that vent. The birds are on the roof clustered around the exhaust vents like executives around a water cooler.
Clever wee things. I always wondered how they survived winter.


No comments: