Saturday, February 13, 2010

You are not alone...

Dear readers south of the 49th you are not alone. Today it is snowing London. I tried to take a picture but it doesn't do it justice. The flakes are the size of teacups. Then it stops only to start again. Now they look like thimbles.
The Olympics have started and I can't ever remember such a campaign of national pride. The "I Believe" commercials must have been written by the guys who came up with the "I AM CANADIAN" ads. They are very effective. How some ever, how many of us cringed in our chairs when the cauldron malfunctioned?????? Oh crap! Not a good sign in the wake of the horrendous accident with the young luge athlete. Frankly I did not need to see that news clip replayed.
I walked into the room just as it was being played the first time. It was terrible and I hope we never become so jaded that we are not affected by such a tragedy.
I have signed up for the Yarn Harlot's "Knitting Olympics." See "other" blog.
I have to go out grocery shopping...spit..on Saturday yet. EEE I hate the crowds. I will go knit now shop later.

No comments: