Friday, October 17, 2008

National Novel Writing Month


A.K.A. Nanowrimo
It is all Corinne's fault she intoduced me to this. Now I won't get any knitting done in November cause I will be writing 50,000 words of unmitigated drivel and crap. I have 2 manuscripts of said drivel from the last 2 years. I must remember to drag my self off my death bed... when the time comes.... and burn them gawd I wouldn't want anyone to read said crap. So why do I do it?
1. My Nana, who well into her 90's was doing crossword puzzles with a ballpoint pen, said, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." Lets face it it is the only muscle in my body that gets any exercise.
2. I get a masochistic thrill out of tormenting myself with the word count.
3. I am a hopeless romantic who expects one day I will write a book, any book..
4. I am a really good daydreamer, just ask my grade school teachers....if they are still alive.
As for this year, I have no plot, no characters, no story, no location, no freekin idea what I am going to do. Which actually is supposed to be perfect for this exercise. ??!!?? I feel your confusion. No plot No problem is the theme song of this little outing. It is like putting a chimp in front of a typewriter Supposedly gems of wisdom will spring forth ...if you have enough chimps, typewriters and time.
I have one month, just little old me and my laptop!
*clue hysterical laughter*

No comments: