Friday, September 19, 2008

An apple a day keeps the ........



Yeah, well it didn't work for me.

However, having said that I came across the most interesting artcle. Have you heard of negative calorie foods? Now, this, even if it only has a shred of truth, is the best thing I have ever read. Some foods require more energy = calories to digest than they contain. Oh joy oh bliss, Can this be true? Apples are on the list. I knew the little buggars were good for something. There is only one negative calorie food and that is cardboard, 100% pure celulose. Cows can live off it but I am sad to say we "sapiens" can not. So in the interst of sharing I include the following list of foods that some claim to be negative calorie foods. Apples (of course), cranberries, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, raspberries, tangerines and strawberries. Vegies: lettuce, onions, radishes, turnip, celery, spinach, asparagus, beets & broccoli, green cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, green beans and zucchini. See everyone tells you to eat salads, now you know why!

No comments: