Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where did the week go?

I have lazed around all week and I feel rested for the first time in a long time. I knit, napped and watched DVDs and Oh yes, went to visit my Mum. that was a 4 hour drive round trip on one of THE most boring stretches on highway in Ontario, also known as "Suicide Alley." The highway even has signs that remind you to take a rest. It is a mind numbing drive. My solution... go to the Library and get a book on CD. It is amazing how quickly time and the kilometers pass. I am notorious for getting lost so I borrowed the GPS and arrived "at destination" without any side trips.
Political commentary: What was the IOC thinking when they agreed to let China host the Olympics? Don't tell me they are surprised that there is this big kerfuffle now. In a perfect world we would be able to separate politics from sports and religion but that is not going to happen. The situation in Tibet was a pressure cooker ready to blow. The most disturbing image I have seen was the cover of McLean's. A club wielding soldier was chasing a Tibetan monk through the street.
On a more peaceful note....the robins have returned and are building a nest above the porch light again this year. I watched her yesterday and it is quite amazing the way they weave the bits of twigs together.

No comments: