Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Writing and knitting


NaNoWriMo report: Yesterday I managed to write almost 3000 words. In the beginning I didn't have much of an idea and so far it is all unmitigated drivel but the story line suddenly took off and frankly I think I have a doozy of a plot. Clues above. It seems to be writing itself. I just hope the momentum keeps up. I need to get another 3000 words today to keep on track.

Last year I did a lot of research but I just couldn't get a story line to go any where. Suddenly I find bits popping into my mind. I came home from work and wrote down ideas that had surfaced while I was driving home. I am going to have to carry a note pad with me. I am afraid of forgetting an idea ...it has happened before. Once I write it down it is safe.

I have a cramp in my back that is so annoying. I have adjusted my chair at work. I have tried a heating pad and Advil. It is right around my lungs. Other than that I feel no worse no better.

Work has slowed down a little, enough to catch up the paperwork. I am ready for the next onslaught.

On the knitting front I frogged about 7 rows on Michael's sweater vest. Got carried away with the decreases and was doing them every row instead of every other row...hanks of hair being yanked out...at that rate the vest would have had spaghetti straps. As it turns out, it was a good thing cause I really wasn't happy with a colour combo I had used. Now I can change it.
It is always better to look on the bright side.

No comments: