Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another year ends


According to the latest national stats, the suicide rate does not go up at Christmas and New Years. With all the stress and strain of the "festive season" I am surprised. I fear they are wrong. This time of the year brings out the best and the worst in us.

To those of you who grieve my heart goes out to you. More soldiers were killed in Afghanistan this week.

To those of you who felt pressured to spend more than you should, I am sorry for your worries.

Credit card debt is the bane of our society.

To those of you who are lonely you are not alone, even if you think you are. Reach out.

To those of you who think,"No one knows how I feel." Oh yes we do. We have all walked the path of disappointment at some time.

I am feeling wistful today.

I miss what was, what could have been and those who are not here any more.

It is the end of the year.

I am getting older whether I like it or not. Things wrinkle that didn't used to.

It is nostalgia I guess.

My car is making funny noises.

I worry about my mother, my children and what is happening in the world.

Then again..........

My life is blessed.

I thank God I have a job and the job that I have.

I lost 27 pounds this year and have kept it off.......12 to go

I share my life with a man who loves me.

We are going to Mexico.

We are healthy.

We are debt free.

Like I said it's the end of the year or post Christmas blues. Take your pick.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A great post!
My life is blessed in so many ways and I am so thankful. :-) No blues for me at the end of the year. Just thankfulness!