Monday, March 01, 2010

Happy Birthday Corinne on St David's Day

If she had been a boy...Well, she would have been named David after "Dewi Sant"

The Daffodil

Jean made reference to seeing a man wearing a leek on St David's Day, I have a faint memory of Grandpa coming to the house with a leek pinned on his jacket. We all thought it very funny.
The Red Dragon

The above is what I think of on Saint David's Day and a big plate of Welsh cakes...see previous post.

On a trip to Wales I bought my Mom a fridge magnet with the following poem:



To be born Welsh
is to be born privileged.
Not with a silver spoon in your mouth,
But music in your blood
And poetry in your soul
- Wilfred Wilson

I always called Mom to wish her a Happy St David's Day. This is the first of many celebratory days this year that I will miss talking with her.

No comments: