Thursday, March 26, 2009

The fine art of satire.

Reference :Newspaper clip on Fox News program. The original show is on Youtube.
It has taken me a couple of days to calm down. You had to know that I would be addressing this topic in the light of the manifold ignorance spewed from a loud mouth jerk backed up by "the 3 stooges." One of which has had his comedy "gig" cancelled in Edmonton . You are not wanted fool.
Satire is an art and I appreciate smart, clever, and witty repartee. I have no patience with pathetic uninformed ramblings of the uneducated.
The definition of satire is:
1.
the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2.
a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.


Fox News claims this was a satirical program.....snort...shows what little they know.

Canada does not have a huge military budget. We prefer to supply our citizens with health care.


We have not shirked our duty. Vimy Ridge, Dieppe, Korea, Viet Nam and now Afghanistan. We honour our fallen heroes. We do not sneak them in to the country by a back door airbase. Every Canadian knows how many have died (116) all because of the on going envolvement with American Military. I am disgusted and disappointed with the whole fiasco and deeply offended.

On the knitting front:

Last weekend I was in Burlington and Corinne bought this nifty little booklet. I was looking for a project for the Global Art Project for Peace 2010. I know I am early but, hey, time flies. There is the sweetest scarf pattern in there called Children of the Earth. It is perfect. Except it is crochet. So I am re graphing the whole thing to knitting. I woke up at 3:30am and could not get back to sleep. So I made some peppermint tea and sat and worked on the graphs. This weekend I would like to get some of the swatching done.

1 comment:

FeyRhi said...

I wish I could comment in a mature manner on this subject, but I fear it is not possible. Everytime I hear about it my blood pressure goes up and I start swearing. Frankly I am sick and tired of the Canadian military being blown off because they are peacekeepers. What is this some international pissing contest? Who's military dick is bigger then the other?

*deep breath* I am proud of our military and the family we have that have served in both the reserves, regular forces, and in the RCMP.

As for the Fox morons..."There is no cure for stupid."