Saturday, January 24, 2009

I am not a techno geek...but




I bought myself this neat little techno toy. It is a reading light that runs on batteries when the book/pattern clip is used or from the USB port on the lap top. Cool or what??

I can plug it into my laptop on the table next to my fave knitting place and turn the head to shine on my work. Which at present is a BLACK sweater for my nephew!

Me thinks every one should dash out to "Chapters" and get one.


Speaking of Chapters......yesterday I bought another book..

yeah yeah I know..books and wool my addictions.

anyway... I read a review of this book "The Lace Reader."

Then I found there was a web site ( click on the title)about the book and the author. At present I am reading "The Thirteenth Tale" and I am enjoying it very much.

So here is my plan for 2009. I am going to review one book a month to be posted at the end of the month. I know I would like to read more than that but I do have to work and knit so let's be a little realistic here.

January: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

February: The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

It would be nice if others would like to read along with me and participate in the review process.

Stay tuned for more on this subject...No spoilers please if you have already finished a book on my list...that would be too cruel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband would love that light--he's into rooms that are like a cave with little light on. Can't wait to check out the book.

Ali P said...

I am itching to hear about The Lace Reader in February. I too love to read and can be a bit on the voracious side if given my head in a pile of books. This one sounds fascinating.

Susan said...

I am with you. I went to the bookstore after work just to fondle dust jackets. I am itching to get started on the new book. It is sitting on the shelf calling to me. so much for housework..lol