Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Acquitted At Last!






If you are a Canadian and don't know the name of Steven Truscott then you are ignorant beyond belief. It was forty years ago when I first read Isabel LeBourdais book about Steven Truscott and I turned to my Mother then and said he is innocent!. It has taken 48 years for our court system to finally acquit him of the murder.
This story is every mother's nightmare. The down right lies and stupidity of people in a position of trust makes me gag. The pathologist was incompetent, the police screwed up and worst of all the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" and " beyond a shadow of a doubt" was completely ignored!
Sentenced to hang at 14 years old, taken away in shackles to prison, sitting under the threat of the gallows for months. I weep for his lost youth.


Steven, I always believed in you. Hugs to you and your loved ones!


To our court system: WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THE RIGHT THING AND EXONERATE HIM?
Far be it for you to admit you made a mistake. Shame on you!




No comments: