Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday already???

.......No, It is Friday fool.














I started this yesterday, obviously, and then never got back to it.

The Halloween candy is in the bowl but we are having second thoughts about whether there will be enough. I am expecting a larger crowd due to the weekend date. We have showed great restraint since I filled the bowl...patting myself on the back...and have stayed away from pinching too much.

NaNoWriMo starts on Sunday and I haven't signed up yet. Last year, when I signed up, I still had nary an inkling of what to write. Nothing came to me and I descended into ignominy and defeat. So the deadline looms for this year and IF I sign up this year I have to write 50,000 words no wimping out. The year before I collected pictures of "things" that inspired me. as it turned out I was pleased with the resulting story even thought I never did any rewrites. That's for when I retire.
I was planning on going to the Knitter's Group again this evening after supper. Carl will be working late and it sure beats sitting in the house alone. The "Tim Burton Cat" as my brother calls Ebony, is not a lot of company. I have decided to stay in after all too damp to go anywhere.
I am busy perfecting my technique for "double knitting"...see other blog... It would have been easier had I chosen 2 solid colours but noooo I had to choose 2 variegated. Some days I am my own worse enemy. Still and all as long as the light is good I can handle it. I took a break from the "The Vest" this week. I am ahead of schedule on it.
It is pouring down rain right now and the air is damp ooo I hate damp. It is time to stock up on cup a soup to keep me from being chilled.

No comments: