Thursday, June 10, 2010

Slacker Too...

In this world of cyber everything. We seldom take the time to catch our breath. My children are always telling me to slow down.
I was "rushing" when I fell in January and "ratched up" my ankle. I was trying to hurry when I was clipping two huge shrubs last night. Walking up to our front door was almost like entering Sleeping Beauty's castle. One shrub had encroached upon the front window and was blocking out the light. To say that one had to be six feet high would be conservative. I am 5'3." This meant holding the clippers over my head and furiously chopping away. By the time I finished my arms were trembling and I was drenched. I gathered up all the clippings and had to admit I was done in. My arms trembled so badly last night I had to use two hands to hold a glass of water and I couldn't knit! Now that is bad. Today I am still shaky.
So, I said all that to say this. I need to cut myself some slack.
The other Susan, a gifted designer, was very eloquent and I agree with her sentiments. Please read her post from June 4th ( if you can tear your eyes away from the patterns on the sidebar)
I am a slacker, how about you?

1 comment:

Granny's Girls said...

I spent more time in the Computer Chair than I have being lazy, they learned how to fit the world in a rectangular box that fits convenently under the desk. Lazy or Globaly Chalanged