Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Glorious Summer Starts.


These warm presummer days do my heart good. I so dislike the cold...shudder.
The flowers are blooming and the grass is green. The humidity has been high, portent of steamy days to come. I am not complaining, believe me.
This Saturday is WWKIPD, world wide knit in public day, and I am planning to join the knitters at Little Red Mitten in St Thomas. Just hoping the rain holds off. Must call DD to see if she would like to go with me. I have already hauled out the cooler to pack lots of "bevies" and lunch.
The HST starts July 1st. and we will be paying 8% more tax on things that were exempt before. It is wicked the amount of money we pay for inept government. If the government was a business it would have gone into receivership and the CEO would have been jailed for misappropriation of funds long before this. All this and we are still in better shape than "south of the 49th."
As an outsider looking in, I observe that the "love affair" with any new President is usually over by the time he takes the oath of office. I really doubt if they would be any happier if McCain had been elected. They would have found fault with him too. It is a thankless job and it is a wonder anyone would want it.
Now, to BP and the oil spill. I refuse to believe that this could not have been settled long before now. Put your ego in your pocket ask for help from EVERYONE, try EVERYTHING and for the love of god stop talking and do something! Today!
While they are passing memos up and down the corporate ladder and wringing their hands I see the residents of Louisiana have defied the "law" and are sucking up oil off the beach with a "shop vac on steroids." It works, so why aren't they using it more? Oh right, it wasn't BP's idea.
*snort*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are supposed to be having summer here as well! And don't get me started on taxes and cuts.....